November 16, 2008



This post was originally supposed to contain
rants about living in the worst place in the world
surrounded by zombies and kept away from
everything that could make somebody forget
about them.
Instead of raging over the 5-6 gigs I couldn't attend
for various stupid reasons, including tonight's
Dir en grey gig, which some friends attended,
This post is about one of Skinny Puppy's ohGr
and his side-project, so unexpectedly named ohGr.

It's basically a very dark industrial band in the same
vein as Skinny Puppy, only a bit more straightforward
(I bet less drugs are involved in their creative process)

They will be playing a gig in montreal on Dec. 3rd...
Based on last.fm and my usual luck, I'd say
it's the last good gig I can hope to attend before summer...

Until then, there will only be coffee and Reason...




Also found the second disc of Porcupine Tree's
re-issued version of Signify.
It's called Insignificance, and pretty much made
me a Porcupine Tree fanboy again today...

"There is no such thing as a bad PT album"
-myself

Albums like this are why I dream of seeing
Porcupine Tree live at least once...

Also, I met another PT "believer" yesterday
at my local Archambault store while trying out
a 5-strings bass guitar...
He probably thought I was more into metal
before I started playing that funky bassline
from Slave Called Shiver ...

No comments: